We are happy to announce that the official Games App with the purpose of giving participants and spectators key information and guidance for the Special Olympics National Games in Berlin was released today.
Just less than one week away from the big Opening Ceremony, the launch of the #Berlin2022 mobile application marks another big milestone for everyone involved in the upcoming National Games.
You can look forward to the following main topics in the app:
- Sports info and services
- Non-sports info and services
- Safety and security
Accessibility and Easy English
Athlete experience and general accessibility is at the heart of our design and development process.
We consulted with subject matter experts regarding general accessibility as well as application design. We also spoke to some of our athletes about the types of challenges they currently face when using other mobile applications.
Most of the app content is available in English, German, as well as Easy English and Leichte Sprache.
Here are some of the features which are available for you in the Games App:
- Getting the latest real-time information about schedules and results for competitions, awards and non-sports events
- Tracking of individual athletes progress and schedules
- Having the overview of what is going on in each venue
- Accessing emergency and helpline services directly via the app
- And much more
What are you waiting for?
Both Android and iPhone users are able to download the app here: