Know your facts:
- Unified Sports? Yes
- Estimated number of athletes participating: 139 athletes + 8 Unified partners
Judo is a martial arts sport. The sport originates from Japan, but it is practiced all over the world today. In judo, athletes have to work to throw their opponent to the ground, while preventing themselves from being thrown down.
Special Olympics feature:
At Special Olympics, judokas are divided not only by weight and gender, but also by their abilities. Our rules and techniques are specially adapted to ensure the safety and fun of the participants. For example, so-called armlocks and strangle holds are excluded.
We have three competitions at National Games:
- Individual competition - Women
- Individual competition - Men
- Unified Kata Competition
- Standing: one group of Nage-No-Kata
- Floor: first group of Katame-No-Kata (Osae-Komi-Waza)